Sunday, August 29, 2010

Waiting is Boring. . .

From the number of phone calls, texts, and emails we’ve received we can tell you’re just as excited to welcome Will as we are. Sadly, we are now officially two days overdue and if you think you are having a hard time waiting you should see Jason and me. So, because we’re still waiting we’ve decided to channel our extra energy.

Below are a few things you may not know about Will:

1. We got our first look at Will on January 19th, he was just a little guy with a heartbeat then but it was one of the most fun things we’ve ever seen.

2. The ultrasound that let us know we would be welcoming a little boy was at 9:10am on Tuesday, March 23rd. Though he might deny it, Jason teared up but of course so did I.

3. On April 3rd when Will was only 19 weeks we felt his first targeted assault. We’d spent the day shopping for Will. We’d bought his crib, the bedding, and few fun items as well. We had just brought it all home and were in our office room when Will kicked for the first time. Jason was right there with me and because Will gave three good wallops Jason was able to feel the last two. I’ve never been so excited to be kicked!

4. Will likes his space. Once Will got better control of his arms and legs I noticed if I put my hand on my stomach or my arm across his space he would kick it. I thought this might be just coincidence as first but Will definitely prefers not to be disturbed. While we were at a doctor’s appointment the doctor attempted to use the Doppler to hear his heart beat. In classic Will fashion, he kicked the sensor so hard that it lifted into the air, surprising both myself and the doctor. I’m beginning to wonder if he’s going to be a soccer player. He does have good aim, even when he can’t see the target.

Below we’ve added an updated photo of Will’s room. It doesn’t really do it justice as it’s much cuter in person but we thought it’d be fun to show anyway.

No comments: