Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Nine Months Old and Lovin' Life!

Will had his nine month appointment today. He didn't have to have any shots but he did have to have a finger prick. Amazingly, not a single tear. He just looked confused at why red stuff was coming out of his finger. Above, is the giant bandage for his tiny finger.

Will is now:
29 Inches Tall (75th percentile)
20 Pounds 9 ounces (50th percentile)
48.75 Centimeter Head Circumference (95th percentile, Looks like we're going to have another doctor in the family. He's got a lot of room for information!)

Some fun facts about Will:

Will loves to walk around (still assisted though he threatens every day to do it on his own). He likes to let go and balance for 8-10 seconds and then land on his bottom. He's getting better with his consonants and I swear he said Dadda the other day. He only ever says it when Jason's around so I think he might actually be identifying him! He's been working on his Ma-ma-ma sounds but since I'm always with him he never has to ask for me and therefore doesn't get a lot of practice. My friend asked me the other day if I wanted him to say mama or dadda first and I have to say I don't care what comes first, I'm just excited to hear him figuring out who we are. So fun!

Will is eating puff snacks and rice crackers like they are no big thing and the other day he ate half a banana without even blinking an eye. I love that every day he gets better and better at eating things off my plate and someday soon I won't need to take anything pureed with me everywhere I go.

Will has six teeth and will very soon have eight. He looks like he's prepping for even more teething and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a pretty full set before he's one. Only one down side, he bites. Yep, I have a biter on my hands. It's my fault, really. When he didn't have teeth I thought it was funny so I encouraged his chewing on my fingers but now that there are sharp little teeth in there it's not so funny. We're working on it and he's doing better but if you aren't paying attention you might just get a little nibble that will remind you he's a born carnivore!

It's hard to believe that in three short months he will be my little one year old. He has been the best thing to ever happen to our family and each day is better than the last. Love you little man!

No comments: