Wednesday, April 4, 2012

And Two Makes. . .Five

Welcome to the world. . .

April 4, 2012 we welcomed our twins. . .

Cannon Churchill 7lbs 7oz, 21 inches long
Ella Elizabeth 7lbs 1oz, 20 inches long

Below are a few photos from their first couple of days of life.  For those who want a more detailed account of labor and delivery I have uploaded a post here:

Above is one of my favorite photos of all time.  Ella is the one doing the biting!


This is Jason all suited up to join me in the operating room.  I didn't end up needing a C-Section but they had me deliver in the OR just in case because Ella was breech.
Ella giving Cannon a little kiss. . .maybe trying to make up for all of the kicks to the face she issued while they were sharing living space before delivery.
Will meeting Cannon.  For a first meeting, it went really well.  I will be posting some videos of Will's first encounter with his siblings in a seperate post.
Nope, Jason wasn't the patient. . .
I don't know why Ella looks so much bigger than Cannon in this photo as he is definiately the bigger kid.  Cannon is now more than a full pound heavier than Ella.  He is an eating machine.
Sorry this picture is sideways.  If it weren't late and I had slept more I would fix this but as I am giving up critical teeth brushing time to post this so I'm just going to suggest you turn your iPad sideways;).  This is Will getting to know Cannon.  He's been a little harder on Cannon than Ella.  He tends to give Ella and Cannon kisses but as he is only 19 months old his motor control isn't super refined.  Sometimes a "gentle" pat can come across a little rough for a wee one.

Just minutes old.  Geeze, the world is bright!
This is all of us heading to the recovery room.  I'm in the lead with Ella and Cannon in a close second and third!
These are my little ones.  They are just so kissable.  I can't even tell you!  I love you minies!
Just a little quality brother and sister time.  They really love nestling in together for sleep.
Totally adorable!
Headed home!  Will was a little nervous but he's setteling in to his big brother role.

Yeah, our back seat is seriously full now! 

We are so excited to have them safely home and to have them so healthy and happy.  They are the most tremendous blessing and we couldn't be more grateful for out little family.  Thank you to everyone who has so kindly offered to watch Will, clean our home, bring us dinner, and otherwise assist us.  We are so fortunate to have such amazing friends and family.  We'll keep you updated on our little ones! 

No comments: