Sunday, January 13, 2013

Nine Months Old and Finally Posting!

(2020: I actually wrote this post in January of 2013. I probably got stuck with adding photos and never got back to it.  So for the first time ever. . .a post actually written in 2013)

The twins have just had their nine month check-up and I am finally going to try to get back to my habit of writing down a little of what I'd like to remember at this age.  I have plans to go back in time and do their three and six month check-ups but I don't want to not make this entry because I have not made the others.

First, stats:

Cannon:
Head Circumference:  45.24 centimeters (50th percentile)
Height: 28.5 inches (60th percentile)
Weight: 17lbs 3 oz (5th percentile), he's built just like my older brother, tall and very lean.

Ella:
Head Circumference:  44.5 centimeters (65th percentile)
Height:  27.5 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 17lbs 10 oz (25th percentile)

Both are slightly anemic so I'll be giving them iron supplements :(.  Ella's Kidney thing is still in a holding patten.  We're going to keep monitoring and depending on each visit she may or may not need surgery.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that if she does need surgery she'll be old enough to at least watch movies during recovery.  Cannon is in good health for the most part but currently has pneumonia.  Yea for antibiotics!

Cannon is a little bundle of energy.  He is right on track to be not just walking but running at 10 months just like his older brother.  He's always on the move.  He pulls up on everything and somewhat ungracefully is also able to get back down again.  He's been crawling for a long time and is very efficient.  Because he's so effective at crawling he's been a little less interested in walking than Ella.  Ella, on the other hand loves to walk, walk, walk.  She'll crawl over to you just to force you to walk her around.

One of the funnier things is to watch the twins crawl around and duke it out for toys and binkies.  Cannon doesn't even really like binkies but if Ella has one in her mouth he will race to her and steal it straight from her mouth.  Ella, in her good natured way, just ignores it for the most part. . . unless she REALLY wants her binky and then we have a little thunderdome for them to work it out until Mom or Dad intervenes.

Cannon is definitely more of a squeaky wheel.  He lets you know if there is something he wants, especially, if that thing is Mom.  Ella is the sweetest more content little sweetheart.  She tolerates her crazy brothers and waits her turn for food, hugs, & kisses without complaint.  The only time she gets annoyed is if she's been waiting for her bottle and she's still being ignored; she will let out a serious wail until her demands are met.  As soon as she has received he bottle she's good to go.

They both eat table foods but Cannon is definitely the bigger eater.  He eats and eats and is still in the 5th percentile for weight.  He's just so darn active I can't get him to gain so much as an ounce.  Ella thought I was trying to poison her with solids for the first month or two.  Finally, I gave up on baby cereals and she now eats a few bites of this or that but still prefers a mostly liquid diet.

They both have four teeth now.  They have just cut their top two teeth in the last few days.  They have had their bottom two center teeth for a while now.

Through all of this chaos Will has kindly tolerated their usurpment of my attention and time and is pretty good most of the time.  It's been a bit rougher lately because of the cold and illness in the family.  We've been far more homebound than he would like.  He is on day three of potty training.  He's fabulous at peeing in the potty but poop is still a bit elusive (I know you don't want to know, this is fro me more than you;).)

No comments: