Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Eating is a Messy Business. . .

Will and I have been working on eating. Thank goodness he finally liked the barley baby cereal. We tried all the other usual suspects; oatmeal, rice, banana flavored oatmeal, etc. Every time I would put him in his high chair he would start to cry. . .until barley. Yay barley!

I discovered the secret to feeding Will. Let him feed himself. Ever since he was in the womb he's preferred to have his own space and be autonomous. I bought spoons that are super wide (so he can't choke himself) and when he opens his mouth to put his spoon in I slide in mine. . .full of barley! Needless to say we go through a lot of spoons but it's totally worth it.

Because of a propensity towards allergies in our family the doctor had me wait to start solids until just a few weeks ago and I am super excited that I can finally start veggies next week! I can't wait to watch his face as he gets to try all these new flavors! Bring on the veggies!
This is the same spoon I use to feed him. I have since gotten the wider ones.

It takes a lot of concentration to eat!

We also had to find a grosser tasting bib. He liked to chew on the one in these photos too much ;).


No comments: