Saturday, October 8, 2011

BIG News!!!



So it's time to share the news. . .we are expecting again and this time we are getting TWO for the price of one pregnancy! Nope, this is not a joke and yes, you did read that correctly, TWINS. They are fraternal and we are beside ourselves with excitement.

It's too soon to know if we are having boys, girls or both but you can bet we'll be letting you know as soon as we do.

We used the photos above to let our parents know we were expecting but I have to say I was surprised at how hard I had to work to get my parents to look at them. Jason's parents got back to me within about five minutes so I didn't have to wait long for their response but my parents didn't see the email until much later. I finally called them around 5:00pm to give them a nudge and no one answered either the home phone or my Mom's cell (Dad is still refusing to join the 21st century and get a cell phone, YOU ARE MISSING OUT DAD!!!;)) Finally, I texted my bother Joseph who still lives at home and asked him if Mom and Dad were still breathing because they are normally so good about responding to emails. He let me know he thought so and promised to tell them I REALLY needed to speak to them when they had a second.

A little while later my Mom called as she was driving so of course she couldn't LOOK at the email. I had my little brother read her what was on Will's shirt and then she finally got it. Then I got to tell her it was twins. She promised to have my Dad call as soon as she saw him, which she did, so I finally got to give him the good news as well. I thought I was so smart for sending an email because last time we sent fortune cookies and we didn't know when/if they got them which made for a terrible wait. I was certain with email it would be a much quicker turn around. I guess next time I'm going to have to send a singing telegram or something. . .I'll have to think on that one.

We'll be welcoming our little bundles of joy in April of next year and could not be more excited. We're definitely a little nervous to be joining the three under two club so far from the main part of our family but Will is OK so I think we'll work it out. If anyone has any advice as far as strollers, etc. please, please share it. I have also added a ticker to our blog to track the pregnancy progress. Currently, I am 11 weeks and 2 days along with only 201 days left to go! Let's hope those days go quickly. I'm not a huge fan of pregnancy. I love the outcome but could live without the process;).

2 comments:

Lori Croft said...

This is Jared Croft- under my wife's acct. Twins? Son of a ..... That's freaking awesome. When I saw Will's t-shirt, I thought the baby making race was on (Lori's pregnant too). You guys just beat us. That's a race I'm kinda glad we lost.

Seriously, congratulations!!!!!!

Olivia said...

Oh my gosh Shelly.... its been a while since I've looked at your blog. And this was a HUGE surprise I'm sure for you too. Oh man I can't believe you get to experience this. It is a crazy ride. If you have any questions give me a call. Seriously. It really helped me through when I had others that could relate to my situation. Congrats. Twins are a blast!