It seems like only yesterday he was turning a year old and now I'm writing this update. I'm going to post most of the photos separately as I have a lot of photos I'd like to post.
First things first, Will's current stats:
31.5 Inches Tall (65th percentile)
24 Pounds 0 Ounces (45th percentile)
50.75 Centimeter Head Circumference (Over 100th Percentile).
24 Pounds 0 Ounces (45th percentile)
50.75 Centimeter Head Circumference (Over 100th Percentile).
I love his not-so-little head. It looks perfect to me!
We've had an insane few weeks surrounding his 15 month appointment. First Will was teething, molars no less, then he had a bloody stool (which scared me more than him) due to constipation, then he had an ear infection, then his brutal mother made him get his vaccinations, at which point he broke out into a full body rash (likely a side effect of the Amoxicillin prescribed to solve the ear infection issue), he also got his first case of diaper rash due to the diarrhea also caused by the antibiotic and then THREE MORE TEETH cutting in the same day!!!!! I am sincerely hoping the next three months go A LOT smoother than the last two weeks.
Now to the fun stuff. . .Will is a little mountain goat. He can and does climb anything and everything. We have some bar stools that he's figured out how to get on top of. His ability to climb and his complete lack of a sense of self preservation are a dangerous combo so I watch him every second and hope he doesn't do anything insane while I'm not looking.
He says a few words. "Hi" is is favorite. He says it to everyone he sees and because of his adorable smile and dimple I can't get anything done as everyone wants to say hello back and then chit chat about how adorable he is. Oh, how hard my life is;). He also says, "Light" though it sounds more like "ite", Thanks which sounds more like "anks", and "go". He also says "up" which is hilarious because now it is also his way of telling us when he's done eating, wants to be carried/hugged, or wants something on the counter.
He is getting really good at playing games. He's a master shape sorter and cup stacker and could not love playing with big legos more. He knows where his nose is, where Mom's nose is, and where Dad's nose is and gives big hugs and loves to read. My favorite new move of his is his spin. We watched an episode of "The Backyardigans" and Will imitated the spinning they do in the opening sequence and then could not stop giggling. Will also recently discovered that if Mom is holding a plastic bottle of water that is full, if he squeezes it with his strong little hands, it explodes ALL over Mom, which is also a source of serious giggling. I have to admit even I couldn't help but laugh (I'm sure I'll pay for that later when he does it again but for now I just make sure it's out of his reach. . .).
He also realized he has the ability to really make his sentiments known if he doesn't want something, doesn't get what he wants or is frustrated he can't make me understand what he wants. This is something I could live without but I know it's just a phase. I do feel a little like a heel when we are in public and he has one of these tantrum moments and I ignore him, as I should, but it's still embarrassing. I'm definitely looking forward to when he realizes Mom really doesn't respond and he's better off using his words. . .So I guess the real issue is he needs more words;).
There is truly nothing better than being Will's parents. I'm so incredibly grateful to be able to stay at home with him. I have my moments when I think it might be easier to be working out of the home but for the most part I try to enjoy all the small things and revel in his little triumphs!
Thank you for being our son little man! You are sooooooooooo wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment